Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Burg

Ode to Rexburg. Exactly one month from today Jeff and I will be leaving Rexburg forever. This is a very sad moment for me! Although I hate the snow and cold, I'm accustomed to it and grown quite fond of Rexburg. It has been perfect for me in all the different stages of life that have happened here. It was nice, small, and safe when I first moved here all alone as an 18 year old. I've had the best, craziest, dumbest times of my life here and everything else that made my college experience freaking awesome! I am so grateful for those years and experiences, I definitely wouldn't be the person I am if it wasn't for those years. Right as it was getting TOO small and suffocating I graduated and met Jeff. Rexburg was the back drop to our love story. Which automatically makes it a special place. I love all the 30 snow shacks in the summer, the Idaho State Fair and all the junk food to eat, I love how at the first sign the snow might melt everyone is in short sleeves and shorts when it's only 30 degrees, Broulims, Arby's, Horkley's Wal-Mart at the beginning of fall semester, main street when the lights are up, the public library, Porter park (wink wink). And of course BYU-I, but I had to say goodbye to BYU-I 3 years ago so that's not as sad for me. I will always look back on this town, school, and time of life as the best ever!!! So in the words of Dashboard Confessional so long, so long just as summer's hold is fleeting I was here but now I'm gone, I'm gone, I'm gone, so long.

6 comments:

BEN and BRIT said...

I blog stalked you! We miss you guys! It is great to read up on your life and I'm super sad you are moving from Rexburg forever! Ben and I are moving back this fall. Bummer. So where are you moving to?

Anonymous said...

On to the next adventure. You and Jeff will always have Rexburg (ew, I just made myself gag).

The Running Kidd said...

I am so excited for you and Jeff to begin your new adventure together in SO Cal! Watch, your gunna move down there, dye your hair back blonde and get huge implants! I just can't wait for you guys to be only 5 hours from us so we can come visit you more often. ;)

Fab Five said...

I sympathize. We have a year left and I'm already dreading having to leave Moscow.

Kristine Watterson said...

Please don't get huge implants! I can't be your friend anymore if you do, just warning you. Your next adventure will be a blast, I hope you make many, many more fun memories!

The Bedke Fam said...

Tear :(