This year we had the 4th of July in our nations capital! It was really neat. The boys had to work all day so the wives all went to save a spot to watch the fireworks. The day started by reading the Declaration of Independence followed by a big parade. Then there was a festival, which was interesting considering the day it was. It was a festival of different cultures but nothing about The United States. I thought it was odd that in front of the Washington Monument on Americas birthday was a festival celebrating everyone else! I was annoyed and mad. While we waited for night to fall, the Army band played a show for us then Mark Wills played! He was awesome! It was so fun!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
4th of July
This year we had the 4th of July in our nations capital! It was really neat. The boys had to work all day so the wives all went to save a spot to watch the fireworks. The day started by reading the Declaration of Independence followed by a big parade. Then there was a festival, which was interesting considering the day it was. It was a festival of different cultures but nothing about The United States. I thought it was odd that in front of the Washington Monument on Americas birthday was a festival celebrating everyone else! I was annoyed and mad. While we waited for night to fall, the Army band played a show for us then Mark Wills played! He was awesome! It was so fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I think you guys are having way too much fun!! Keep it coming though, I love reading it.
What a fun day! And I bet the met was even more crowded than the highway after the melaleuca fireworks...right?! How fun though! You look so cute too!
Post a Comment