


So I'm on my way to the weekend when I get a phone call from my Mom, you know the kind where she's got that tone? No, not the one that makes you think "what did I do?" the one that makes you think "what happened and are they alive?!" Well, my 16 year old brother Austin and his friends were burning the burn pile, something they've done many times before. Well his friend put on WAY to much gasoline this time so when Austin went to light it instead of a fire, he got an explosion! Mom and Dad were in the living room, (obviously) heard it and went running out. I wasn't there but I'm sure it was just one huge adrenaline rush after that. They found Austin yelling about his legs, then he went into shock. They rushed him to the emergency

room where he was then transported by ambulance to The Shriners Children's Hospital burn unit. He's in a lot of pain and will be for the next couple months but the doctors say he should be good as new in about 4 months. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father that he will be okay and it wasn't more serious. .....on a lighter note, he got to meet the govenator. Arnold was visiting the burn unit and shook Austins hand and asked him what happened. The Govenator is apparently a talker. As you can see in the pictures Austin is on a lot of morphine! Austin is home from the hospital now and my Mom and Dad are his nurses and get the painful task of changing his bandages. I love you Austin get better!





8 comments:
oh my gosh! his legs look terrible. i'm so glad he's home now though!! i hope he gets better soon.
You know I hate pictures like that- why would you tell me to look at your blog. Ps Arnold kind of looks like your dad in that picture.
I was going to tease you about 2 posts in one week, but my teasing tone quickly went away. I hope he is okay!! Poor guy!!
Oh my Goodness!! That looks so bad. before I read the post I thought it was Jeff that got hurt or something. your poor brother. But thats neat he got to meat Arnold! I have never seen a picture of you Dad, So when I ARnold standing by his bed I thought "Kapris Dad REALLY Looks like Arnod S" LOL!! Wow I am stupid!
Wow. I can't even imagine the pain!
I'm glad he's home.
When it comes to you and Jeff, it looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying your blog.
That's crazy! You can totally see where is flip flops were!
oh my gosh! that sucks!
No leg modeling for Aust! Thank you for posting the pics, I heard about it from Mom and was dying. Get better, Austin! Love you guys
Post a Comment