Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Peaceful Evening


It’s 8:45pm on a Sunday night and remnants of a toddler are left all over the house. He’s asleep and I should pick them up, put them away and clean the spots. There are (battery operated) toys in the bathtub, a car thrown in the sink, my favorite shoes hidden in the laundry basket, not ripe plums are in any nook and cranny I see. A truck behind the fireplace, medical records under the sheets, a lone sandal in the kitchen, my purse is in his room and there’s pee on the carpet. I’m not going to pick it up or put anything away. Not only because I have the Bachelor recorded and waiting but because I want everyone who walks in to know instantly the thing that makes me the happiest/luckiest girl in the world. Just in case he doesn’t come running around the corner within 2 seconds with just a diaper on and a car in each hand.

5 comments:

The Running Kidd said...

aw I love this!! I know the exact feeling :)

dani said...

so cute!

Kayleen said...

Love that you have your priorities in the right spot! You are priceless!:)

Samye said...

He is so precious- glad you are enjoying this time!

Kaeli & Kyle said...

So cute Kapri. Can't wait to see you!